Bertech Industrial Environments Pty Ltd
ABN 56 007 121 440
Bertech understands that you value your privacy and wish to have your personal information kept secure. For these reasons, Bertech places a high priority on the security of information we hold. We have developed this policy to inform you of how we manage your personal information and maintain its integrity and security.
By using the website at and/or purchasing any goods or services from Bertech, you accept the practices described in this policy.
1. What Personal Information does Bertech collect?
We aim to collect personal information only if it is relevant and necessary to providing the service or product you have requested from Bertech.
In general, we collect and hold the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone and fax number
In most cases we will collect this information from you directly.
Naturally we collect and hold a broad range of personal information gathered during the course of providing our goods and services. However as stated above, we strive to ensure that we collect and hold only that personal information which is relevant and necessary to your specific matters.
Certain statistical information may also be recorded by Bertech when you visit Bertech’s website, such as:
- a record of your IP address;
- the date and time of your visit to this web site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the referring web page; and
- if you contact us, the type of browser and operating system that you use.
2. What are the Purposes of Collection?
We collect information primarily to provide you with the goods and services you have requested.
We may also use the information:
- to send newsletters to you;
- to inform you of products or services that can be purchased from Bertech;
- to inform you of developments at Bertech and other services that we can provide.
In order to improve the operation of the Bertech website, Bertech may also aggregate statistical information referred to above about a user’s use of the Bertech website. Such statistical information may also be disclosed to third parties, however, no personally identifiable information will be disclosed except to comply with the law.
3. Will third parties have access to your Personal Information?
The following third parties may have access to personal information:
- IT technicians may have access when providing on-site support although it is our practice for them to work under supervision;
- file storage services; or
- agents or sub-contractors engaged by Bertech to provide you with requested goods or services.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required by law;
- is authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Although Bertech seeks to deal with reputable third parties, Bertech cannot control, and will not be liable, for any use of your personal information by any third party to whom your information is sent with your consent.
Any personally identifiable information that you submit on the Bertech website will not be sold, rented or otherwise traded by Bertech to any third party.
4. How is the quality of your Personal Information maintained?
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable effort to correct the information.
5. How is your Personal Information kept secure?
We are committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration.
We have the following security measures in place to protect your information:
- our offices are securely locked after hours;
- all computers have password protection;
- all computers linked to our intranet are password protected and virus protected;
- the Bertech website is protected by a firewall.
Whilst reasonable steps have and will be taken to ensure the security of data submitted on the Bertech website, Bertech does not warrant that the Bertech website and the systems which operate it will be without error or interruption, or will be free from unauthorised or fraudulent access.
6. How may Bertech use your E-mail Address?
Bertech may use your e-mail address to:
- send you follow ups on goods or services you have ordered or inquired about; and
- keep you informed of changes to the Bertech website and the goods and services offered by Bertech.
If you do not wish to receive any further e-mails from Bertech, you can notify Bertech of your choice via e-mail, phone, fax or letter.
7. How can you access your Personal Information?
You have a limited right to access all personal information that we hold about you. In limited circumstances, we may refuse your request to access, in which case, we will give you a reason for that refusal.
We are not required to provide access where:
- denying access is required or authorised by law; or
- providing access would be unlawful.
8. Bertech may amend this Policy from time to time
9. How can you contact Bertech?
Contact Person: Rob Bertuch
Post: Bertech Industrial Environments Pty Ltd
Unit 1, 29-31 Clarice Road
Box Hill South VIC 3128